Women's Hall of FameOkaloosa County Commission on the Status of Women
2016 Okaloosa County Women’s Hall of Fame Honorees
- Linda Evanchyk – Education Award
- Almut Flentge-Parker – Humanitarian Award
- Shirley Piggott – Military Award
- Mary Lou Reed – Pioneer Award
- Alexis Tibbetts – Contemporary Award
- Elaine Tucker – Mattie Kelly Cultural Award
The nomination form for the 2017 Hall of Fame can be found here. (Nomination packages are due no later than July 10, 2017.) The Induction Ceremony will be held on August 22, 2017 at 7 pm in Room 132-133, Student Services Center Northwest Florida State College, Niceville campus.
Hall of Fame Overview
Each year around August 26 which is Women’s Equality Day, the commission hosts a special reception to recognize the new inductees.
Photos of the women are in Okaloosa County Women’s Hall of Fame are displayed perpetually at the Okaloosa County Water and Sewer Building, the Niceville City Council Chambers and in the Crestview Courthouse.
Inductees come from all walks of life, races, educational levels and contribute to our county from many, many areas. 2009’s inductees include a business woman, a humanitarian, and a dental assistant who works every evening the temperatures are below 40 degrees to get homeless people off of the street.
- Professional and business qualifications
- Volunteer and community service
- Amount of woman-specific contributions
- Involvement with professional and civic organization
- Leadership roles in the community
- Other, unspecified outstanding contributions to the well-being of the women of Okaloosa County